Naturopathic Doctor – Now accepting new patients
Katia graduated from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine in Toronto, Ontario. She followed her love of plants and trees out west to BC and is now happy to call Victoria her new home.
Katia believes that health is a reflection of our physical, emotional and mental well being, and that true health comes when these elements are all in balance. She seeks to understand each patient’s individual health concerns and to determine the imbalances that are leading to illness and disease. She works to find the root cause of your health concerns using laboratory testing, physical exams and a thorough patient history to then formulate a personalised treatment plan for you.
Using herbal medicine, acupuncture, nutrition and lifestyle counselling, Katia aims to support the body and support it’s innate ability to re-balance itself back to health. Her goal is to provide you effective yet sustainable ways to find and maintain radiant health. She creates a safe space for you to discuss any questions, concerns, hopes and goals that you might have for your health journey and she hopes to be a resource of comprehensive up-to-date information to help you decide what treatment options are right for you.
She looks forward to starting a general family practice, and to treating your health concerns, including but not limited to:
• Cognitive decline, Dementia, Alzheimers
• Traumatic brain injuries, Post-Concussion Syndrome
• Brain fog
• Bloating, SIBO, food sensitivities, acid reflux
• IBS, IBD (Crohn’s, Ulcerative Collitis)
Headache and migraines
• Metabolic syndrome, high cholesterol
• Colds and flus
• Autoimmune conditions: Hashimotos, Multiple Sclerosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis
• Chronic infections, Lyme disease
Fatigue and low energy
• Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
• Adrenal Burnout
• Nutritional deficiencies
Female reproductive health
• Dysmenorrhea (painful periods), PMS, heavy bleeding
• PCOS, infertility, low libido
• Endometriosis, uterine fibroids
Menopausal and Peri-menopausal complaints
• Hot flashes, Osteoporosis, Cardiovascular health
• Anxiety, Depression, Eating disorders, Addiction
• Chronic pain, Fibromyalgia
• Hormonal imbalances
• Type II Diabetes
Katia grew up in Montreal, Quebec and is fluent in French and is happy to serve the francophone population in Victoria and surrounding areas.